Mole is dark brown or black in color and may appear alone or in a small cluster. Their texture differs from person to person. In some cases, it has hair growing from the insides.
How do Moles Develop on the Skin?
Moles develop when pigment cells, a type of skin cells that grow in clusters. They are usually far darker than the surrounding area and triggered by hormonal changes may be caused by:
- Teenage: When a person in a teenager, there is a lot of hormonal changes that tend to occur. The incidence of moles will usually be during the teen years.
- Pregnancy: During Pregnancy women’s has a lot of changes in her body. Although pregnancy does not lead to the creation of any new moles, existing moles become darker in color.
- Sunlight: Excessive exposure to the sunlight may increase the forming of moles. Can sometimes turn into melanoma or skin cancer.
Once people reach middle-age (40 years onwards) the number of moles on the body tends to go down.
Laser Mole Removal Procedure
To remove a mole, laser involves numbing the area using local anesthesia. Afterward, this treatment reduces the pigmentation of the mole. The body’s natural healing processes cleared away the pigment. Scab forms over the mole which eventually falls away.
After the procedure, the area may turn darker for a few days. However, cosmetics cover it easily. Patients should avoid exposure to sunlight for at least six weeks and use sunscreen when they are outside.
The process is generally safe, and the risk is minimal (about 1%) such as scarring. Whether or not it is painful depends on the patient’s pain threshold. Some people report feeling a slight tingling during the process of feeling like someone snapping a rubber band against their skin.
Benefits of Laser Mole Removal
- The main advantage is that it is non-invasive because there is no cutting or burning of the skin. The risk of infection reduced significantly.
- Lasers are also able to reach areas of the body, such as the face or nose that may be difficult to treat using other methods. Lastly, one session treats multiple moles.